How Green is The HRSouthwest Conference?
The volunteers and staff of The HRSouthwest Conference are always mindful of the environmental impact that educating, feeding, housing and entertaining 2,500 people over four days has on our host city. We do everything we can to mitigate or offset our carbon footprint and are always looking for new ways to reduce, reuse and recycle. Send us your feedback.
- Reduced pre-conference printed material by 15,000 pages annually since 2010
- Eliminated bottled water from meals and breaks in 2011
- Eliminated hotel shuttle service in 2010
- All session handouts available online
- Water stations and refillable bottles keep more than 16,000 bottles out of area landfills
- 100% Starbucks products are served, all in compostable containers
- Recycled paper towels are used in all back of house areas
- Concession serving trays are made from recycled products and biodegradable
- 40% of food product is locally produced and/or from local vendors
- 100% use of eco-friendly cleaning products
Fort Worth Convention Center
- Low-impact cleaning policy, using green-certified products
- Waste reduction through recycling of paper, cardboard, aluminum, glass, plastic containers, and metals
- Low-impact pest management, using Integrated Pest Management practices
- Use of recycled paper products, green-certified soap and cleaning products, and automatic lighting and dispensers in rest rooms
- Low-impact HVAC and electrical
2013 CONFERENCE SPONSORS
Frosch Rewards & Incentives
HR Certification Institute
Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.
Acuity Systems, Inc.
VPI Pet Insurance